Field Service Technician
Field Service Technician
Chicago, IL; Los Angeles, CA; and Charlotte, NC Offices - Possible relocation package and signing bonus available
Date Written: October 5, 2021
Division: Injection Molding Division
Location(s): Chicago, IL; Los Angeles, CA; and Charlotte, NC Offices
Supervisor: Service Manager
FT/PT: Full-Time, 35 hours/week plus 10 hours/week OT
Shibaura Machine Company, America has been an Illinois corporation since 1975, and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Shibaura Machine Co., Ltd., a premier manufacturer of a variety of high-quality industrial machinery including plastic injection molding machines. The principal responsibility of the Field Service Technician is to provide service and technical support to users of our injection molding machines, primarily at customer sites.
• Travel to customer sites throughout North America, as well as possible travel to Central and South America, to service plastic injection molding machines, including; troubleshooting, repairs, modifications, installation, installation start-up, etc.;
• Be “on-call” for emergency dispatch to customer sites as required;
• Provide telephone service support to customers when in the office;
• Assist with modification and re-assembly of in-house machines as required;
• Any other duties and tasks, consistent with your experience and abilities, which may be assigned.
• At least five (5) years of experience servicing plastic injection molding machines.
• Both electrical and hydraulic experience, including the ability to read and understand electrical and hydraulic schematic drawings,
• Valid passport for travel to and from the U.S., and the willingness to do so;
• Excellent customer service skills and proven ability in developing and maintaining effective internal and external working relationships;
• Valid unrestricted driver’s license with a driving record free of serious incidents, such as DUI’s;
• Sufficient credit or other financial resources to permit unrestricted domestic and international travel pending expense report reimbursement of legitimate business expenses;
• The ability to safely lift 70 pounds and work in awkward positions such as; kneeling, bending, reaching (under machines, above machines, etc.).
• Ten (10) years of experience servicing plastic injection molding machines, including Shibaura Machine products;
• Bi-lingual capability, English / Spanish.
• Manufacturing conditions at a wide variety of customer sites. These facilities may have certain standards which all vendors must meet to gain access, including the requirement for drug, background, and health screening. Employment is contingent on employee’s compliance with the standards established by each such facility, as evidenced by the results of the required screening;
• Up to 90% of work time will require travel to work sites throughout North America, with occasional travel to Central and South America possible.
• Relocation package and possible signing bonus available.