Field Service Technician
Field Service Technician
Elk Grove Village, IL or Remote Location - Possible signing bonus available
Date Written: October 5, 2021
Division: Die Casting
Location: Elk Grove Village, IL or Remote Location
Supervisor: Chief Engineer
FT/PT: Full-Time, 45 hours/week
Shibaura Machine Company, America has been an Illinois corporation since 1975, and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Shibaura Machine Co., Ltd., a premier manufacturer of a variety of high-quality industrial machinery including die casting machines. The principal responsibility of the Field Service Technician is to provide service and technical support to users of our die casting machines, primarily at customer sites in United States, Canada, and Mexico.
• Travel to customer sites primarily in United States, Canada, and Mexico (with potential travel throughout Central & South America) to service die casting machines, including; troubleshooting, repairs, modifications, installation, installation start-up, etc.
• Be “on-call” for emergency dispatch to customer sites as required.
• Provide telephone service support to customers when in the Elk Grove Village IL office.
• Assist with 24-hour telephone support.
• Assist with modification and re-assembly of in-house machines as required.
• Any other duties and tasks, consistent with your experience and abilities, which may be assigned.
• Five (5) years of experience servicing die casting machines.
• Strong electrical knowledge, including the ability to read and understand related schematic drawings, with the ability to read PLC programming as required to troubleshoot machine issues.
• Mechanical and hydraulic experience.
• Valid passport for travel to and from United States, and the willingness to do so.
• Excellent customer service skills and proven ability in developing and maintaining effective internal and external working relationships.
• Valid unrestricted driver’s license with a driving record free of serious incidents.
• Sufficient credit or other financial resources to permit unrestricted domestic and international travel pending expense report reimbursement of legitimate business expenses.
• The ability to safely lift 70 pounds and work in awkward positions such as; kneeling, bending, reaching (under machines, above machines, etc.).
• Ten (10) years of experience servicing die casting machines, including Shibaura Machine products.
• Bi-lingual capability, English / Japanese.
• Manufacturing conditions at a wide variety of customer sites. These facilities may have certain standards, which all vendors must meet to gain access, including the requirement for drug, background and health screening. Employment is contingent on employee’s compliance to the standards established by each such facility, as evidenced by the results of the required screening.
• Up to 90% of work time will require travel to work sites throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico, with occasional travel to Central and South America.
• Possible signing bonus available.
If you wish to submit your resume for consideration, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 1-847-709-7352 and reference the job number.